Friday 31 December 2010

“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity"

You can say that again, Einstein.

I can't complain, because it's my son Tim who's has been up all night trying and failing to install Windows 7 on to my computer (interspersed, it is fair to say, with battles to the death on World of Warcraft or whatever it is you do on that site)

So now I'm back to Square One - well, Square Minus One, with Windows XP and a lot of my programs needing to be re-installed. Don't ask me what the problem was. If I try to tell you my head will explode. Something to do with incompatibility.Incompatibility my arse.

So - after all my protestations of loyalty to the Omega we bought a Freelander yesterday. In my defence, she is very dirty inside and called Olive Oyl (by me) because of her colour, so I don't feel it's a total sell-out to the world of shiny, keeping-up-with-the-petrolheads automobiles.

I haven't mentioned it to the Omega yet for fear she'll take her revenge somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment