Thursday 2 December 2010

I was laughing on the other side of my face.....

No, no - I didn't slide into a ditch - just there was SO MUCH SNOW even I, Mrs.I Will Set Out No Matter What, I'm Not Chicken, had to adjust my plans. For a start, the car had disappeared under a snowdrift.

Soooo - instead we walked! Peter couldn't get to work, so we walked across the fields to the yard and back - an hour each way - and it was glorious. We didn't take the dogs, even Roly, because we thought their feet might turn into solid blocks of ice.

The snow was above the top of my wellies, but soft, so it was easy to forge a path through in a King Wenceslas manner with Peter as my pageboy.

Tess was very pleased to see us and we moved hay bales into the right places so it was easier for her to feed the horses if she had to do it all on her own.

Then we walked home, via The Hurstwood where we had a restorative Guinness.

Every day should be like today!

2 comments:

  1. http://styleunveiled.com/blog/2010/11/24/vibrant-tables-guinness-chocolate-cake.html
    nomnomnom

    ReplyDelete