Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.

Well said, Mark Twain, but who knows...maybe this year will be different?

I have PLANS - I wouldn't say they were resolutions, just PLANS - to get my creative work out there, instead of my usual cycle of Write something-Feel pleased with it-Do nothing with it-Store it on my computer-Look back at it occasionally-Say, "Did I really write that? It's quite good. I MUST do something with it"-Still do nothing with it-Castigate myself for being so useless.

My resolution, if I have one at all, is to be resolute!

I have enlisted the support of my niece-in-law, Tracey. She has just left a career in marketing to have a baby (the adorable Zena) My approach has always been scatter-gun  - contact this person, do that, try this, oh that's a good idea, why not try that, where was I? who am I? What day is it? Did I do that already? I can't remember.

I am confident that with Tracey's help, things can be more logical and ordered.

Good luck, Tracey! I hope your New Year's resolution is to be totally BRUTAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment