Tuesday 14 December 2010

“We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.”

Well, Mr. Smarty Pants Kenji Myazawa, I'm doing my level best, thank you very much for the sound (albeit slightly patronising?) advice.

This morning, the spirit was willing but the body wouldn't do as it was told. I'm not a quitter generally but common-sense prevailed and I elected NOT to try riding Poppy for the first time in over six weeks - since her hoof abscess and the snow and ice.

Yesterday afternoon was spent being drilled by the dentist! With a DRILL. In my TOOTH. I spent the next few hours dribbling attractively out of one corner of my mouth. I am SO looking forward to next Tuesday when I have another appointment scheduled to last an hour and a half.

Today, I've written myself a list, top of which is 'Inflict no more pain on yourself'

So, I won't be watching The Jeremy Kyle Show.

(N.B. I have NEVER watched The Jeremy Kyle Show. That was just said for comedic effect)

No comments:

Post a Comment