Wednesday 26 January 2011

"I did not fully understand the dread term "terminal illness" until I saw Heathrow for myself. "

That was Dennis Potter in 1978 and that will be me tomorrow! Us. Me and Pete and Talia Tim (travelling in the real not the virtual world, for once)

I quite like Gatwick, but Terminal 3 at Heathrow is one of those places that dulls the spirit and sucks the life-blood out of you with its squalor and dreariness. I'm taking some good books and I shall lose myself in one of those to keep the energy vampires at bay in the departure lounge.

I've said goodbye to Poppy and Alfie and they have promised to be very well-behaved while I'm away.

I AM taking my netbook and I fully intend to keep blogging, but the timing will be all askew - PST not GMT.

I'm now trying to forget the Orson Welles quote I just discovered: "There are only two emotions in a plane:  boredom and terror."  I checked the in-flight movies on Air Canada and we are promised 'Let Me In' and 'Never Let Me Go' and, best of all 'The Social Network' - so you can hush your mouth, Orson.

If you're a burglar reading this - don't bother - we have house-sitters so the house will be occupied at all times.

Anyway, I have highly-trained security mice patrolling day and night.

Next blog - Vancouver. See ya!

.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time. Give our love to the boys & girls. XX dave & Gilly XX

    ReplyDelete