Monday 10 January 2011

Superstition is to religion what astrology is to astronomy: the mad daughter of a wise mother.

That's a little dose of Voltaire for a Monday morning. Well, we all need a bit of culture, innit.

Yes, I look at the stars in wonder. The stars in the night sky, that is. Orion, with his belt, is like an old friend, and possibly the constellation that MOST resembles the thing to which it's attributed. Cancer? I'm sorry but I've never encountered a crab like THAT. A stick insect amputee maybe.

I know many of the constellations and for that I thank my father, who showed me when I was a child. He had a telescope and one of those Philips' Planispheres a bit like a circular slide rule. (I just had to look up what it was called and came up with an image of the EXACT one we used to use together. How wonderful is that?)




He's somewhere up there himself now but I haven't found his constallation yet.

I also look at my stars in the newspaper. Sometimes. Do I believe them? Yes when it suits me. If it doesn't suit me then I dismiss it as a load of old cobblers. But THIS week, horoscopes are true. It's written in my stars.

Here you go:

Leo: You can at last begin to make real progress with a project that you were forced to shelve, so focus on the details of your plan this week. Unexpected feedback from a friend, and support from those who count, is due to help you make new contacts who can transform your chances of success in the months to come.

See, what did I tell you?

So come on, whoever you are...make yourself known to me.

5 comments:

  1. I am pleased that we share that same good news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Leos everywhere!

    Bill, you fall into the category of 'support from those who count' - so THERE, it IS true!

    Your feedback, however, wasn't unexpected, so...I'm still waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I managed! --I'm reading your blog since Christmas, wanted to comment when poor Quincy's legs failed...

    It's fun to be selectively superstitious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It IS fun!

    Lovely to see you, Khamanna :)

    ReplyDelete