Tuesday 18 January 2011

Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday

The girl done good with the sunshine yesterday. Today, the weather's following my fine example. What is that strange bright light in the sky? Oh yes, it's the sun. I'd almost forgotten what it looked like.

But, yesterday, having driven five hours home from Blackburn after a very long day, wouldn't you think I'd be able to sleep?

WRONG!

At 2.30 a.m. I was still worrying that I wouldn't be able to get everything done today. Then I was worrying that since I get up at 6.30, even if I managed to fit everything in, I wouldn't do a very good job because I'd be too tired to function properly. Then I was worrying that I wouldn't even WAKE UP at 6.30...

BUT - I DID wake up at 6.30 and I HAVE done the dogs, and the yard, and ridden Poppy, and taken the hire car back (stopping at the garage en route to fill up with petrol TWICE because the first time I didn't put enough in to meet the 'five-eighths of a tankful' requirement - don't get me started!) and I HAVE paid the oilman and got the mince out of the freezer ready for the spaghetti bolognaise.

And NOW, I'm wondering what all the fuss was about.

BUT - I haven't started work yet. And I have LOADS. Permission to panic, Mr. Mainwearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment