Friday 28 January 2011

Heathrow Airthoughts

Had thoughts at Heathrow, writing thought in Vancouver.

Thought #1, as we arrived at the Long Stay Car Park: It was perishing cold and windy. I thought 'hope it's not this cold in Canada' - last report was that it was minus 28...!

Thought #2 - in departure lounge. How goddamned MISERABLE everyone looks. It's WORSE than a dentist's or a doctor's waiting room, yet everyone's off on some Big Adventure to Canada, to Vancouver, one of the most lovely cities in the world. What's WRONG with everyone?

On the plane I watched:

 'Social Network' one and a half times because I fell to sleep approaching the end of the first time. Thought it great but not 'King's Speech' standard when it comes to Oscars.

'Never Let Me Go' - if ever I could choose to write a screenplay, create a film, this would be IT. Completely beautiful and heart-wrenching and all the more chilling for the idyllic surroundings.

'Catfish' - a fascinating documentary about a woman who created a fantasy world on Facebook. So sad. My heart bled for her. It's gripping.

Well, in English time it's 2.30 a.m. and I'm pretty wrecked really. Here it's only 6.30 p.m.!

Would it be rude if I went to bed?

Righto...

Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment