Thursday 6 January 2011

It's nearly Easter!

It must be because Tesco told me so. Not in so many words, but the Cadbury's Creme Eggs and the Lindt Easter Bunnies (other chocolates available) are on display. Let me check...oh no, they're right. Easter is on April 24th so there really isn't that much time to stock up.

It is over this sort of thing that I descend into The Territory Of The Curmudgeon. I once complained to Customer Services at Tesco when the Christmas tree went up at the beginning of November and received very short shrift..."Most of our customers LIKE it." Well, THIS customer DOESN'T.

The thing that REALLY annoys me is hot cross buns. There is absolutely NO NEED for Tesco to put crosses on top of their buns all the year round. They could so easily sell them as teacakes or currant buns, but no, they have crosses on them. Hot cross buns are only to be eaten on Good Friday. So there.

Well, I think that's enough of the ranting. I don't want to give the impression that I'm small-minded and all Bah Humbug. The fact is that I LOVE Christmas. I'm like a child. But to me, Christmas starts about December 20th and finishes...today.

I absolutely hate taking down Christmas decorations. It's either that or the tax return. Mmmmmm, life is full of exciting choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment