Friday 21 January 2011

Morning hasn't broken so why fix it?

Do you know what? It's so much harder to write a daily blog when things are going WELL!

Mother Nature's still on holiday so no tsunami at the yard or hailstones the size of golf balls. Alfie behaved himself. Black Dog under control. A slight panic about managing to get everything done was averted by working in the evening.

I feel quite lost. I'm just going to have to INVENT a crisis.

I know - the mouse invasion. I love the mice in our house. I leave peanuts out for them. Last night, they managed to eat through the sturdy plastic tub which holds the peanuts, so I didn't HAVE to leave any out for them. Self-service mice.

The only time it bothers me is when they catch me by surprise. I say THEY - it could be just ONE mouse who's very busy to the point of mania. I never see more than one at a time, so I don't know.

Yesterday, I was getting potatoes out of the vegetable basket and noticed a lot of nibbles, then a mouse jumped out and I jumped too. A while back, I was pouring porridge oats into a cereal bowl and with them came a mouse - a live mouse, like a treat in a box of cereal only more fun. N.B. I didn't eat any more of the porridge oats because I know that mice don't have bladders...

The thing is, when we're away, we have house sitters and I'm not awfully sure that they will share my love of little furry creatures with long tails and nibbly habits. I didn't actually MENTION the mice when showing them round Chateau Coxon.

I have some humane mouse traps, so I'm going to try to catch the aforementioned mice and take them on their own little holiday somewhere just far enough away from the house that it takes them about ten days to find their way home.

Then there are the rabbits...

No comments:

Post a Comment