Sunday 20 January 2013

"What a strange world this would be if we all had the same sense of humor."


Allow me to translate, for my British readers - you know - the ones who can spell.

Humor = humour


Someone called  Bern Williams is attributed with the quote. I think he is probably NOT the Puerto Rican baseball player but that's about the best I can do.

Anyway - there was something on the news last night which really appealed to my sense of the ridiculous - and made Peter boil with a sense of outrage...

An artist in Liverpool (of COURSE it's in Liverpool!) put out huge blank sheets of musical manuscript paper on the ground in parks...


...and waited for pigeons to ...errrm...poo on it.



Then, composer, Jon Hering, used the markings to create a 20-minute musical score.

The result, called 'Bird Sheet Music' is to be performed by an orchestra at the Tate Liverpool today!

I love it!

I haven't heard the music - but I love the crazy inventiveness of her mind.

WE NEED MORE OF IT IN THE WORLD!

Although, having said that...

No comments:

Post a Comment