Friday 11 January 2013

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why,"

said Eddie Cantor - and I hadn't heard of him either - but, for your edification (and mine) he was an American comedian, singer/songwriter who died in 1964 so I can't feel too badly about my lack of knowledge about him. One of his hits was, apparently, "Makin' Whoopee."


 Well, that cheered me up on a miserable Friday morning!

There, you see! Slowing down and enjoying life allowed me to spend time finding out about Eddie Cantor and listening to his song.

And yesterday, for the first time in forever, I actually repaired a pair of jodphurs and a pair of harem pants (Note the variety in my life!) with an ACTUAL NEEDLE AND THREAD.

Look, here I am, if you don't believe me!

I am ashamed to admit that I don't usually bother to repair clothes, asserting to myself that I simply haven't the time or the competency. I 'put them on the mending pile' and eventually bin them when I can't bear to look at them any longer.

Well, it may not be the prettiest job in the world but now my maroon jodphurs have a crotch instead of a gaping hole! (You'll be relieved to learn) And the harem pants are no longer split right up one side.

And I enjoyed doing it. It was a peaceful occupation.

No comments:

Post a Comment