Sunday 27 January 2013

My latest earworm

"Dr Williamson, a memory expert at Goldsmith's College in London, found that scientists use a range of terms to describe the subject of songs that stay in our heads for hours or even days sometimes - stuck-song syndrome, sticky music, and cognitive itch, or most commonly "earworm"..."

 Earworms aren't always bad...well, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

For the past two days, my life has been made sunnier by this tune:


It just makes me smile.

I know I bought it as a single and that must have been when I was about fifteen. I can't think of any particularly happy memories associated with it.

Why did I suddenly think of it, two days ago?

I was mailing a friend and put 'Good Morning, Sunshine' as the title - because that strange yellow globe had appeared in the sky for the first time for weeks...

And that was it. The song came into my head and there it's stayed, ever since.


And it still makes me smile.

Must be those catchy lyrics...

Gliddy glub gloopy
Nibby nabby noopy
La la la lo lo
Sabba sibby sabba
Nooby abba nabba
Le le lo lo
Tooby ooby walla
Nooby abba naba
Early morning singing song

It's my present to you this Sunday. Your own earworm!

No comments:

Post a Comment