Sunday 13 January 2013

“I've always envied people who sleep easily."

"Their brains must be cleaner, the floorboards of the skull well swept, all the little monsters closed up in a steamer trunk at the foot of the bed.”


The quote is from David Benioff, author of City of Thieves - and I love it. Oh, how often I relish the way people can put words together, and I read phrases over and over again and smile at the sheer joy of them.

It's a self-evident truth that if I sleep well, life goes SO much better. Just lately, I've been sleeping very well. And now I'm smiling at myself and a childhood memory...

I was at primary school and my parents were contacted by the head-teacher because I had written an essay starting thus: "I have always had difficulty in getting to sleep unless I am heavily drugged."

Out of the mouths of babes...


No, being heavily drugged does NOT explain why I'm sleeping so well!

One thing does, in particular, I assert:

I am being true to myself, in integrity with myself, pursuing my life as a creative writer - so my brain IS cleaner and the little monsters ARE closed up in a steamer trunk...

F.S.Church
I just have to keep that lid closed...

No comments:

Post a Comment