Saturday 5 January 2013

The courage to create

That's the title of a book by Rollo May.

The Courage to Create
I haven't read it, haven't even bought it (yet) - reluctant to add it to the teetering pile of books I've promised myself I'll read. Tomorrow. Next week. Soon. Sometime.


I've read extracts, though, and they make so much sense...

“Human freedom involves our capacity to pause between the stimulus and response and, in that pause, to choose the one response toward which we wish to throw our weight. The capacity to create ourselves, based upon this freedom, is inseparable from consciousness or self-awareness."

Tonight, we have good friends coming round for dinner and together we're going to create the year ahead.


Note to self. Do not drink too much Prosecco. Who knows what I'd end up committing to...

No comments:

Post a Comment