Wednesday 9 January 2013

“Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone."

"The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials.”

So said Lin Yutang.

The difficulty is to work out what is non-essential...

To me, for example, cleaning cobwebs from walls and ceiling is DEFINITELY non-essential. Not to mention cruel to the poor wee spiders who've spent so much time constructing them.


Peter would Strongly Disagree. (I had a beautiful cobweb on the wing mirror of Olive Oyl the Freelander. It had been there for days and Peter had the audacity to CLEAN IT OFF on Sunday!)


This is all my way of confessing that I didn't write the synopsis of Of Night And Light yesterday.

I was very busy doing lots of important things. I can't quite bring to mind exactly what they were but I'm SURE they were essential...

You know, like cleaning cobwebs...

No comments:

Post a Comment