Monday 21 January 2013

“I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.”

Leo F. Buscaglia and me both.

Yesterday I was deliriously happy. For weeks now, I've been meaning to go up into the roof space above our shower room. There, we had put some of the children's toys and also my precious teddy and donkey (a soft toy, not a real one!) given to me when I was born and loved to bits.

We have been having a lot of trouble with mice in the larder, lately. (real ones, not soft toys!)


 Each time I thought about looking in the roof space, I lost my nerve, fearful that my lovely animals would be shredded and, then, so would my heart.

 A leak in the shower meant Peter went up there to see if he could locate the offending pipe.

Joy of joys! The mice were living in the toy farm! The bag of soft toys, miraculously, was untouched and so was Donkey...


and so was Tessie Bear


and I was SOOOOOO happy.

It reminded me of the song by Sigur Ros which absolutely sums up how I want to grow old.

Watch it and smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment