Thursday 15 November 2012

"You CAN have it all. You just can't have it all at once."

Okay, so one day I had to use a quote by Oprah Winfrey. I don't know why I'm so reluctant to admit it - I think it's because I'm still relating to her as the host of a tabloid talk show on daytime TV

...when she is so much more than that now, such a positive force for good.  Mea culpa.

This week,  I've been making a noble attempt to have it all at once. That's quite exhausting.

Bearing in mind that I am a person who likes to go to bed early - by which I mean 10 o'clock at the VERY LATEST...


...for which I can exonerate myself by explaining I get up at 6.30 a.m. to see to the horses, the evenings this week, so far, have gone like this:

Monday: To Brighton to participate in a Living Powerful seminar (yes, I can see the irony...) - home after 11

Tuesday: To London to coach on a Self Expression and Leadership programme - home at 12.45 a.m.

Wednesday: To London to the O2 arena to see Andrea Bocelli in concert (a surprise invitation) - home at 12.30 a.m.


Even though every one of those activities was entirely my choice and thoroughly enjoyable and fulfilling  I know it would be EXTREMELY easy to fall into the mode of moaning about being over-tired.

So I'm not going to!

And if I do, you have my permission to send me to bed early without any supper.

Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment