Friday 16 November 2012

“Strange is our situation here upon earth.”

Hmmmm, it sounds almost biblical but it was in fact Albert Einstein...


Such a beautiful image when the strangeness I'm going to talk about isn't AT ALL beautiful.

Poppy and Alfie, my horses, live along a beautiful lane in rural Sussex. Beautiful, that is, apart from the litter that people throw out of car windows, and I have to say, without wishing to be stereotypical about van drivers...mostly it's from vans. (They use the lane as a shortcut.)

Also - I was thinking earlier, rubbish left by cyclists as Perrymans Lane seems to be on a route for bike races.

So today - my Little Act of Kindness was to walk Poppy back from the sandschool and pick up all the litter as I went. Thank you, McDonald's, Costa coffee and Ginsters Pasties...


Then I spotted a poly bag...a Ziplock bag...and picked it up only to find it was full of urine which splattered all up my arm.

I was thinking to myself that it was maybe cyclists racing so didn't want to stop - but couldn't quite work out the whys and wherefores of the operation so I thought I'd research on the internet to see what they did. (I take all those thoughts back - they simply pee themselves as they're riding along.)

BUT - here's the strangeness. I Googled 'pee in Ziplock bag' and there is actually A FORUM for people who like to pee into a ziplock bag.  which has 22 members.

"Do You Pee In Ziplock Bags? Join friendly people sharing true stories in the I Pee In Ziplock Bags group," - with a warning that the site may contain adult content...

Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt. I. Am...



Well, don't ever say you don't learn things when you read my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment