Tuesday 27 November 2012

Believing six impossible things before breakfast



"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Here are the six impossible things I believed before breakfast today:
  1. That it wouldn't rain until I got home from the yard
  2. That I will find time today to get on with the re-write of 'Of Night and Light.'
  3. That Roly the Muddy Labrador won't burrow down under my duvet before I've had time to towel him dry
  4. That this afternoon I'll get a phonecall from DreamWorks saying they really want to make 'The Melting.'
  5. That there's still a blueberry buttermilk pancake left  in the fridge
  6. That pigs might fly

Mind you, I did have breakfast ridiculously early.

There's still time...

No comments:

Post a Comment