"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Here are the six impossible things I believed before breakfast today:
- That it wouldn't rain until I got home from the yard
- That I will find time today to get on with the re-write of 'Of Night and Light.'
- That Roly the Muddy Labrador won't burrow down under my duvet before I've had time to towel him dry
- That this afternoon I'll get a phonecall from DreamWorks saying they really want to make 'The Melting.'
- That there's still a blueberry buttermilk pancake left in the fridge
- That pigs might fly
Mind you, I did have breakfast ridiculously early.
There's still time...