Thursday 8 November 2012

Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.

 from Albert Schweitzer


Well, I contacted a penguin in the Antarctic yesterday in my efforts to make Little Acts truly global.The penguin was called Audrey and she is part of the British Antarctic Survey.

She's a cyber-savvy penguin and awfully good at English, too. This was her reply to my e-mail:

Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your email and for your interest in British Antarctic Survey.


Your project 'Little Acts of Kindness' sounds lovely, but I'm afraid even if our members of staff logged on from Antarctica, the IP address is in Cambridge, UK, so you wouldn't get any flags from Antarctica.


Sorry we can't be of more help. I wish you all the best with your project though.


With best regards,

Audrey



Hooray for Audrey the penguin! My thoughts are that even though the map won't get any hearts, Antarctica KNOWS ABOUT IT - and that's an impact in itself.


I haven't given up though...I'm busily thinking outside the box.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment