Sunday 11 November 2012

No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed.

"A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves."

All from Amelia Earhart - American aviator, author and pioneer.

I kind of wish that I'd found that quotation BEFORE the Little Acts of Kindness week because it puts into words exactly the ethos that was behind it all - IS behind it all, because although today is officially the last day of the week, it will live on.

It's been an exciting roller coaster of a time. Wonderful for the support it received, truly awesome, and I thank all you people with all my heart. Disheartening, sometimes, with the people who promised so enthusiastically to take part and then didn't. Upsetting receiving negativity from scathing people. A challenge, often, when I went outside my comfort zone again and again to make it happen.

But, all in all...I believe it has made a difference. The world, in little tiny pockets across the globe, has become a happier place, even if just for a few minutes, hours or days.

The future?

 Well, I plan to write it up as a module for schools to use as part of a citizenship programme. I might charge a nominal sum and use the money in some way to promote Little Acts of Kindness, or support a charity. I'm thinking of making, say, one day a week Little Acts of Kindness Day...

The best result for me would be that it grows. Any other ideas that could make this happen would be gratefully received.


Now, as a little act of kindness from me to myself, I'm going to have an afternoon nap!


No comments:

Post a Comment