Friday 2 November 2012

“There used to be a real me, but I had it surgically removed,"

...said Peter Sellers, once.


(No, that's NOT the real Peter Sellers, surgically removed or otherwise)

And, with my usual butterfly brain firing on all cylinders (and gaily mixing metaphors as it goes) I was reminded of The Real Me from Quadrophenia by The Who...


Love it, love it, love it - that blows away a few cobwebs - and please excuse the profanities.

I found the real me again. It's the real me who takes care of the horses and it was the real me who rode Poppy along the lane this morning. And it'll be the real me who takes Alfie galloping across Ashdown Forest tomorrow.


Phew! I'm back...

3 comments:

  1. I refuse to believe that that is a recent photo of you and the horse!
    Nice description about a holiday in the Euro third world!
    Regards to Peter. Doesn't sound like he's changed a bit either
    Cheers
    Naz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello you! What do you mean by recent? I think that was last year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recent would be anything this century :-)
    The witticism that keeps on giving.

    ReplyDelete