Thursday 22 November 2012

When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everyone will respect you.

I should listen more closely to the wise words of Lao Tzu.

 
And immediately, I'm aware I should change the should to could. Or rather, I COULD change the should to could - because I do it all the time...beat myself up...and that's SO unnecessary.

Yesterday, I got into a bit of a state about my workload. You noticed?

It all started when I received an email from a client saying that a 4-way conference call was required to discuss an article I'd written - so I immediately went into 'I'm not good enough. What I wrote must have been a pile of crap. When am I going to find the time to do a re-write?' - which wasn't exactly conducive to the effective writing of OTHER pieces of work.

Wibble wobble...


It got better when I received positive feedback about other articles...

It disappeared altogether when a client contacted me about a piece of work which was equivalent to summarising War and Peace into two paragraphs.

"I know," she said, "but you can do magic!"


I think I should use these special powers...

to make my ridiculous need for constant confirmation from others...

that I do a good job as a writer...

DISAPPEAR!



No comments:

Post a Comment