Sunday 25 November 2012

“Few tasks are more like the torture of Sisyphus than housework, with its endless repetition...

the clean becomes soiled, the soiled is made clean, over and over, day after day.”

I wonder if a man wrote that?

I'm joking. It was Simone de Beauvoir, feminist and writer and, evidently,  housework-hater. She and I have a fair bit in common.

Here's Sisyphus, anyway. Not looking much like me cleaning my study:


(Sisyphus had to push a rock up a hill and just when he reached to top it rolled back down and he had to start again)

My study is looking scarily pristine. Tim has helped me to tame the cable spaghetti at the back of my computer. Superfluous furniture has been moved out. Cobwebs have been observed and admired.


I'm wondering if all this will make any difference...


The difference between me and she of Fifty Shades of Grey fame (infamy?) is that...

 she FINISHES THINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment