Saturday 24 November 2012

"Close your eyes and turn your face into the wind. Feel it sweep along your skin in an invisible ocean of exultation. Suddenly, you know you are alive.”

That's all very well, Vera Nazarian...

But I'm also soaked to the skin, freezing cold and wishing I hadn't spent all that money at the hairdresser's...

by Chris Arrowsmith
In all honesty, I LOVE wet and windy weather. A lot more than most people. And horses.


I can say that, because I can come home, change out of my wringing wet clothes, jump into a warm, soaky bath and, after I'm dried and dressed again, snuggle up in front of a roaring fire.

(I'm not advocating this for Poppy and Alfie, honestly...)

There are millions of people across the world who aren't as fortunate.

My thoughts are with them today.


No comments:

Post a Comment