Wednesday 28 November 2012

“A thought, even a possibility, can shatter and transform us.”

Flaky post alert!

by Haggis Chick
 Oh, that quote was from  Friedrich Nietzsche...and SURELY he can't be accused of being even the slightest bit flaky, even if I can?

"Nietzsche's key ideas include the "death of God", the Übermensch, the eternal recurrence, the Apollonian and Dionysian dichotomy, perspectivism, and the will to power. Central to his philosophy is the idea of "life-affirmation", which involves questioning of all doctrines that drain life's expansive energies, however socially prevalent and radical those views might be."

See?

But, life-affirmation...

Yesterday, I felt quite rubbishy really, and today I know better why because I've developed my winter earache thing, curses.


BUT...in the spirit of flakiness, I decided to create my day in a life-affirming way and wrote in large blue letters on my whiteboard above the desk:

Who I am is gentle nurturing and peace

Then, whenever work got a bit too much and I was getting frazzled, I stopped and took a few deep breaths and concentrated on that affirmation.

I have to report that it worked.


Yep, Nietzsche, transformed but not shattered by a possibility

No comments:

Post a Comment