Friday 1 June 2012

You were born a child of light’s wonderful secret— you return to the beauty you have always been.

I love this. It was written by Aberjhani, from Savannah, Georgia and I've just discovered his work. The quotation is from his poetry anthology Visions of a Skylark Dressed in Black


Anyone who can create titles like that has my adulation at once. I aspire to be a lyrical writer.

Today is a day of sadness and joy, remembrance and hope for the future. A special day.

I'm attending a requiem mass for a dear old gentleman who used to be our next door neighbour and died just two weeks short of his 99th birthday. It's only a little bit sad because his wife Rosemary has been waiting for him for a few years and I expect she's quite impatient by now! Their life together was amazing.

Here's where he ended his days - St. Barnabas College, a residential home for retired Anglican clergy.


After that, celebrating a new life! Or rather two. This is a story that makes me feel so happy. An author friend of a friend, a while back, made a strange request (bearing in mind I'd never met him!) Could he have a photograph taken of him sitting on one of my horses, for publicity purposes?

Well, okay....


Stunning picture. ANYWAY, someone saw this picture, someone who liked horses...Claire...and she started corresponding with Ian. They are now a blissfully happy couple. They credit Alfie for the start of their relationship!

Today, they're coming over so Claire can meet Alfie and they are taking me out to lunch!

Alfie thinks he should have been invited too, but there wasn't a spare seat at The Hurstwood...and they haven't got hay on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment