Saturday 23 June 2012

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars and Caroline's belief that she's still young!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It can't be true...

David Bowie's album, Ziggy Stardust is FORTY YEARS OLD.


This was the formative album of my teenage years when I was what would now be called an Emo, wearing a black midi-coat and long black boots, summer and winter, and full of angst and writing poetry and staring out of my bedroom window soulfully for boyfriends who never arrived and picking up the phone to check it was still working because I couldn't believe it hadn't rung and keeping a secret diary which I then burnt...


You get the picture? Something like that minus the pointy ears.

Ziggy Stardust was THE album of 1972 - well, mine, anyway. I still have it. I can remember every one of the lyrics. It's still brilliant. Now, horrifically, it's possible to buy The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars Fortieth Anniversay Edition (digitally remastered)

Here's your treat for the day:


Sometimes, I feel VERY old.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment