Tuesday 19 June 2012

What comes first, the compass or the clock?

"Before one can truly manage time (the clock), it is important to know where you are going, what your priorities and goals are, in which direction you are headed (the compass).

Where you are headed is more important than how fast you are going. Rather than always focusing on what's urgent, learn to focus on what is really important."

(Who said that? Nobody knows.)


Then there's another quote, this time from Donald Rumsfeld. “Control your time. If you're working off your in-box, you're working off the priorities of others."

Mea culpa, Donald. I'm trying to get my head round the dilemma, because I think that this is the lot of a busy copy-writer. Your client needs something done. Quickly. You do it. Quickly. You drop other things with longer deadlines.You play catch up.


 What I have done so far today:
  • Got up
  • Went to yard to feed and turn out/bring in the horses
  • Came home
  • Spent half an hour, when I could have been working, writing a blog about time management
Sometimes I wonder about myself.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment