Thursday 7 June 2012

What's wrong with the world?

G.K Chesterton responded to this question, posed by an article in The Times:

Dear Sir,
Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?'
I am.
Yours truly.


Yesterday, I watched a film which transformed my way of looking at my place in the world, my connection with it. It's called 'I am' by Tom Shadyac. He directed 'Ace Ventura,' 'Bruce Almighty' and other really quite frivolous films until...

I urge you to take the time to watch it too.


Yes, it's 78 minutes long, and for a few days I was thinking 'I haven't got the time to spare.' Yes, it's attitudes like mine that illustrate what's wrong with the world. Thinking I haven't the time, except time for myself.

I was at a meeting last night - a meeting with fellow graduates of Landmark Education - to create a transformational community in Brighton. Actually, there already is one but if more people hear about it then more people could join us, if that's what they want to do.  This is what we are standing for:

"One voice; community; connected; listening for what's possible; standing for a life that defies the predictable."


 And on that heady and uncharacteristically evangelistic note...(but it would be so mean and cowardly of me not to state my purpose in life)

Have a life-changing day! And that's an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment