Monday 4 June 2012

Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.

Whoohoo! I was looking for a quote about courage, to apply to my riding today and look what John Wayne once said!


I wasn't actually scared to death. I was just feeling like a bit of a wimp. It was very windy and cold and all the horses were galloping round and round the fields - probably to keep warm.


My early morning plan of a nice peaceful ride on Poppy didn't look as though it was going to happen. Peaceful? You're joking! 

I sat there at breakfast and persuaded myself it would be foolhardy to take her out on the forest in these conditions. Then I imagined what the rest of my day would be like if I DIDN'T...


(I think that picture is of grasping nettles)

So I DID...

Poppy only fly-bucked twice


...and only threatened to bolt once but she pulled up when asked (eventually)
We both had fun! I feel good.

RESULT!

No comments:

Post a Comment