Tuesday 5 June 2012

Life lived amidst tension and busyness needs leisure.

'Leisure that recreates and renews. Leisure should be a time to think new thoughts, not ponder old ills,' said C Neil Strait, pastor and author.

People can be annoyingly right.


Thing is, I'm not very good at relaxing. Unless I'm asleep. (And as soon as I wrote that I realised that what I'm not very good at is Doing Nothing At All.)

Riding can be relaxing...


(I must remember to tell Alfie that this is the case, after today's rodeo ride)

Writing can be relaxing...


(when it's going well)

Running can be relaxing...

 (when those endorphins kick in)

But Doing Nothing At All...means I have time to think - about concerns, issues, myself - not being engaged in whichever activity it is I'm doing. That wonderful displacement activity.

Thinking about stuff?  Now that I find TRULY EXHAUSTING.


No comments:

Post a Comment