Saturday 13 October 2012

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.

So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails.


I think, if there is one person above all persons whose quotes I've quoted that mean more to me than any other quotes, it's...

Mark Twain.

And there I was thinking that all he did was write The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

So - yesterday, for most of the day, I was completely lacking in energy, drained, at a loss to work out how I could make myself feel any different.


My temptation was to crash out. I tried it for a bit but I didn't feel any better.

Another of life's perversities...

The best thing to do when you're feeling totally wiped out and without the energy to take any actions is to take some actions.

from fiber mixed media
 So I did, and instantly I felt about 103% better and full of vim and vigour.

Life, eh?



2 comments:

  1. You deserve to catch your breath. Life has been tugging at me to turn 180 degrees and I might just have to do that soon. You're respected and envied by many, you're honest and you put 110% into whatever you do, but you're not Wonder Woman; so relax, save your energy, then some day... conquer the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Wes. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete