Wednesday 10 October 2012

“Taken in any context, except seriously, life on earth is palatable and positively enjoyable.”

...and whoever first said that, apart from me, will have to remain shrouded in mystery, because the author is not cited.


 This quest for a quote about context came from something that was said on my Self Expression and Leadership course last night.

(It's funny how, great though the course is, through and through, just a few words jump out and those are the ones you'll remember forever. Speaking for myself, of course...)

It was the story of the two stonemasons, working side by side, hour after hour, chipping away at great chunks of rock.

One of them was asked 'What are you doing?' and he said, 'Oh, just chipping away at a chunk of rock.'

The other was asked the same question. 'What are you doing?'

He smiled and said 'I'm building a cathedral.'

How great is that?

I'll tell you how great it is.

EXTRAORDINARILY GREAT.

Now what I could do is to remember it when I'm doing the dusting

...or should I say, creating a beautiful home for my family?


No comments:

Post a Comment