Friday 26 October 2012

Day 3 - Rhodes

An exciting evening with a tremendous thunderstorm followed by a lengthy power cut and then lights going on and off randomly throughout the night. At dinner we ordered a bottle of red wine (local) On the label it said 'Characterised by its lively red colour'...well, yes, it was red...and today's Retsina for lunch...ahhhh, the delicious after-taste of household disinfectant! I just put in carriage return again, out of habit, though I don't know why I bother really. We were enchanted by the sound of cicadas chirruping, only to discover it was a squeaky bearing in the air con... Today...a strenuous SIX HOURS on the beach and I HAVE caught the sun. Tomorrow we're off on a boat trip to, I think, the Island of Sima, noted for its sponges...not of the Victoria variety, I assume. I'd love to sign off in Greek. But I can't. XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment