Monday 8 October 2012

“A good opening and a good ending make for a good film provided they come close together,"

said Federico Fellini.


How true! And true for novels, as well.

I'm thinking, at the moment, about opening credits for TV programmes. Honestly, some are so brilliant, so memorable, that they stick in my mind long after the content of the programme itself has disappeared into the mists of time.

The credits for the new BBC TV series Hunted, starring Melissa George (don't get me started on botox lips!) will probably fall into that category. Fabulous! (The opening credits, not the lips, why, why, WHY?) - and unfortunately, as yet unavailable on YouTube (the credits!)  though I'm sure it won't be long.

One opening sequence that particularly comes to mind is Luther.


The music is Paradise Circus by Massive Attack. I just love it, the whole sequence - and Luther was great too, but the opening credits are the thing I remember.

From the point of view of the series, I'm not sure if this is a benefit or detrimental...

What are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment