Thursday 18 October 2012

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go

Okay, a few days ago I said Mark Twain was my number one purveyor of good quotes, then it was Thoreau, now it's Oscar Wilde. They jostle for pole position.


It sounds awfully sick-making for me to admit it, I'm sure, but truly that quote sums up how I strive to be in life.

(Not making people feel happy because I've left their presence, by the way, but causing people to feel happier! )

I think everyone's like that, if they think about it, wanting to spread happiness.  I mean, how many people wake up each morning and think 'I wonder how many people I can make unhappy today?'

                                                                          Demonic laughter, courtesy of Rush619

So here's what to do: Slot as many happy-making acts as you can into your day.


Register them on Little Acts.com - make a little heart appear on the Google map, wherever you are in the world.

Spread a little happiness!

P.S. You can be totally anonymous. It is NOT about being self-congratulatory. It's about become more conscious of kindness, so that what happens anyway, so often in your life, then begins to happen MORE.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment