Monday 22 October 2012

"I do not really like vacations."

 Robertson Davies (Canadian novelist, playwright, critic, journalist and professor) said this, NOT ME.


He goes on to say:

"I much prefer an occasional day off when I do not feel like working.  When I am confronted with a whole week in which I have nothing to do but enjoy myself I do not know where to begin.  To me, enjoyment comes fleetingly and unheralded; I cannot determinedly enjoy myself for a whole week at a time."

Hmmmmm! I must say that this concern is not at the forefront of my mind for our holiday to Rhodes, which starts on Wednesday.


I am determined to determinedly enjoy myself for a whole week. Mostly lying down and reading a book, whilst possibly sipping retsina occasionally. Or maybe frequently. If the fancy takes me.

My fear is that I am looking forward to it SO much that it can't possibly meet up to my expectations. Oh, and the other fear is that Peter will buy a guide book and will want to take me on a daily tourists' route march.

Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment