Wednesday 3 October 2012

On voting with my feet

There are times when it's the only thing left to do.


You have contributed to something, given it your all even when it was hard to find the time and energy, tried to make a difference, tried to lead by example to encourage a spirit of integrity and fair play.

Then you realise that, despite all this, despite all the lovely people who try as hard as you do, despite all that -  the minority will prevail, nothing is going to change and that it's costing you too much. Not in the financial sense, but in the feelings of frustration...disappointment...upset...unfulfilled expectations ...betrayal (not too strong a word for how I feel at the moment)

Then you have choices to make. Here are two (I'm sure there are more but these are the two I'm considering!)

1. Accept that it is as it is and carry on
2. Accept that it is as it is and walk away.

I have chosen to walk away.


I'm not one to give up easily.

But sometimes it's the only thing to do.

The right choice.

For me.

And sometimes you have to think of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment