Monday 30 July 2012

Two things not to buy your wife for a wedding anniversary present

 

Excuse ME! I SERIOUSLY object to that image above of a couple who have been married for thirty-five years. This is what WE look like...although in this picture Peter's head is deceptively small and I now have pink and blue streaks in my hair (on purpose). Yes, and  me specially dressed for the photo opportunity in filthy jodphurs and T-shirt.


Presents not to buy for your loved one (if she's me)

One time, years and years ago a friend's husband had a star named after her. How romantic! How lovely! How adorable!

The coal scuttle I got from Peter was really a very NICE coal scuttle.


Today - a bizarre coincidence. Someone, the other day, was asking my advice, as a woman, about his marital problems. He said, and I quote, 'I even bought her a copy of Fifty Shades of Grey

I told him that I would be furious if my husband bought me a copy of Fifty Shades of Grey, rather in the same way as I would be if he bought me naughty underwear. (Perhaps that's why I get coal scuttles? I have only myself to blame.)

SO - imagine my delight when I opened my present this morning!

Almost...

(Peter, in fact, bought it as a joke and because he thought I should actually read something that I spent a lot of time trashing forcefully every time it was mentioned! Fair comment.)

And Peter buys me lovely presents.

But the best present of all is him.


No comments:

Post a Comment