Saturday 14 July 2012

Soave sia il vento

Soave sia il vento - May the wind be gentle
 I think possibly THE most sublime piece of music from an opera, that opera being  Così fan tutte and I won't insult your intelligence by telling you it's by Mozart. (Oooops)


One of my Desert Island discs - and, going back to my blog of a few days ago, a piece of music guaranteed to calm my troubled soul. I was driving along yesterday, probably a little too fast, late for an appointment in town, and this came on the radio. I think my speed dropped by 15 miles per hour...

Perhaps it, and music like it, should be statutory in all vehicles? 

Musical taste is so personal, I know, but this is one of those pieces that surely can't fail to move anyone who takes the trouble to listen to it.

SURELY?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment