Sunday 15 July 2012

“And my life went to pieces, like a love letter in the rain."

(It isn't in pieces now.)


I just loved that quotation, from Kiss Me, Judas by Will Christopher Baer. Perfect imagery.

Imagery and symbolism have been on my mind the last few days after hearing a piece about love-padlocks, on the radio. (Where have I BEEN the last few years that I'd never heard of this burgeoning tradition?)

Padlocks, often inscribed with two lovers' names, are locked on in a public place, usually a bridge, then each key is thrown into the waters below.  Symbol of undying love - somewhat thwarted when the council come along with their bolt cutters to remove them, deeming the practice to be an environmental eyesore and damaging to the structure.


I don't know...the IDEA is lovely...

Apparently, in London, the Millennium Bridge is a chosen place. All I can say is that the council officials must be very efficient council officials because I've never seen a single one.


Part 2 of symbolism tomorrow, or this post will be The Longest Post In The World Ever.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment