Friday 27 July 2012

The secrets of being in denial


“How 'bout a shot of truth in that denial cocktail.”

...says Jennifer Salaiz. (Blimey! I just discovered a new writing genre. Paranormal erotica. Note to self. Don't think too hard about this. Other note to self: If I created an entirely new writing genre that no-one had ever heard of, maybe one day I'd be famous and wealthy? Not to mention artistically bankrupt.)

Yes, I think I'm in denial. I now have only THIRTY SIX days to write an entire screenplay, not counting the first ten pages. The thirty six days that are much less than thirty six days, what with one thing and another.

I am seriously worried about myself because I'm not seriously worried. I'm just pootling along with my life thinking 'Yeah, yeah. Plenty of time. I can do it.'

Is this a good state to be in? I refer you to the Yerkes-Dodson Curve (Thank you, Libby, for alerting me to its existence.)

I am most certainly in the yellow phase. I am thinking I'll jump into the pink phase, completely missing out the blue one...

Ah, I detect a slight twinge of reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment