Tuesday 3 July 2012

Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.

Lao Tzu again.

La Meditacion Zen: Pura Desprogramacio






Yesterday morning was spent doing nothing and I got completely exhausted. When I say doing nothing, it was more spent waiting...endlessly...for two teenage girls to get out of bed. Bless them. That's teenage girls for you and they ARE on holiday.

I'm sure I've said this before but I am not good at doing nothing. I think yesterday I must have been very VERY busy, supposedly doing nothing - fretting and feeling impatient and twiddling my thumbs and wanting to get on. If I'd been working really hard or riding or running or digging the garden or...ANYTHING... I'm convinced I'd have been less tired at the end of it all.


Life, eh? It's a paradox.

Or is it just me?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment