Sunday 29 January 2012

Life is full of choices, if you have the guts to go for it.

"...That's why I get immediately bored with anyone's complaining about how boring their life is, or how bad their town is. F*%~ing leave and go somewhere else. Or don't."

Oooh, a bit feisty this morning. Not me, apart from the fact I chose that as my quote - as a kick up the backside for MYSELF.

The person who said this was Henry Rollins (American Rock Singer, Author, Actor and Poet, b.1961)


 Sorry, Henry. Don't know who you are. But then, I haven't seen Jackass nor am I ever likely to. I'm sure Mr. Rollins is even now weeping into his breakfast of whey protein. (other body-building supplements are available)

He's right though, in what he says, so very tastefully.

Things that are on the horizon for me...meetings to attend, projects to complete and, specifically, this morning - training runs to make - get all out of proportion in my brain so they seem like The Scariest Things In The World that in No Way can I possibly do. Not now. Not ever.


...when all there is to do is just get out there and DO IT, whatever it is.

So, against all my enfeebled feelings and reluctance and No Can Do, I DID...

...run 6.54 miles, up hill and down hill.

And now, everything else seems so much less daunting

 

No comments:

Post a Comment