Monday 9 January 2012

The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night's sleep.















E. Joseph Cossman was responsible for the quotation. Here's an amazing fact about this American entrepreneur which made me smile:

He discovered the United States was in a potato glut after the Second World War. He purchased the machinery from the original manufacturer of the spud gun who had unsuccessfully attempted to sell the gun in the 1930s. With a blitz of publicity, Cossman made the gun a best seller.

 Now that's what I call entrepreneurship!

Back to sleep... (Don't take this literally)

I'm not very good at it - sleeping.  I'm better at it since I went to see a nutritionist, who thought my problems were partly as a result of eating or drinking sugary things (including alcohol) in the evenings. This meant that my body craved another sugar fix later on - therefore my brain simply wouldn't let me sleep because it was on Danger Alert.

It works quite well for me when I'm disciplined enough to...be disciplined enough. But sometimes, it's not sugar but a racing, anxious brain that keeps me awake.

Last night, I had an EXCELLENT night's sleep. I don't know why. Maybe it was the sheep?

I cannot begin to tell you how much better I feel this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment