Wednesday 11 January 2012

If you don't like the weather, wait a minute

Or, in this case, if you DO like the weather, wait a minute.

Today is a beautiful, spring-like day, sunny and mild. Some of my daffodils have come into flower.


I did try to warn them not to be so foolhardy but would they listen? They're plainly confused, lulled into a false sense of security by The Weather. I know what's going to happen...

 They will DIE...

"Weather is a great bluffer. I guess the same is true of our human society -- things can look dark, then a break shows in the clouds, and all is changed," said E.B.White, better known for writing Charlotte's Web

I think I've used this Oscar Wilde quotation before:
"Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative."

Yup! After yesterday I'm definitely erring on the side of unimaginative. Here is an X-ray of my skull:

Normal service may be resumed at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment