Friday 13 January 2012

Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!

A little venture into my childhood there. Sooty's catch phrase.


I'm just thinking, how does Sooty have a catch phrase when he's mute? I don't mean, how does he have a catch phrase when he's actually just a piece of fur fabric with someone's hand shoved up his bottom? I mean - as a character, he doesn't speak...

"He can communicate with his operator by apparently whispering in his ear."

There you have it.


Actually, I'm a Sweep girl myself. Always have been. HE communicates with a saxophone reed type squeak.

 There he is on the right. Poor legless creature.

That's Noddy in the middle, in case you didn't know. Which takes me back to another oft quoted line from my childhood, which comes into my head most times I'm in a bad mood.

"I'm a naughty little Noddy and I don't like any-body. STAMP, STAMP, STAMP!" (and I stamp my feet in the right places) You should try it. Amazingly therapeutic.

I thought 'Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!' when I considered how much work I've got to do today.

Before the arrival of The Men In White Coats...

3 comments:

  1. That's hilarious, I used to do just the same stamping to the noddy song, and now my daughter laughs when I tell her. Yes definitely a 1960s childhood therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's not just me who's bonkers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this song on 78 record so probably 1950s

    ReplyDelete