Wednesday 31 August 2011

"Time has no divisions to mark its passage..."

"...there is never a thunder-storm or blare of trumpets to announce the beginning of a new month or year. Even when a new century begins it is only we mortals who ring bells and fire off pistols."

How true, Thomas Mann, how true. I think Nature should just get a grip and do something about it.

I think tonight at midnight, I'd like a few shooting stars please.













That should do it.

August has been a momentous month for me, not least because for most of it I've been ill - Caroline's Mind-Numbingly Boring Fact Of The Day.

Now I've written myself into a corner where anything I say about what I've done in spite of it all will sound sickenly self-congratulatory.

Here is a sick bag for you, just in case:











...especially should you have any spare baby's excreta you want to throw.

All I WILL say is that I'm very proud and not a little relieved to have finished The Screenplay.

There, that wasn't so bad, was it?

Yes, August was momentous, but I'm quite glad it's over.

Tomorrow, September, I'm looking forward to new beginnings.












2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing it! That is quite an accomplishment; I know it took a lot of work. I hope you enjoy September and new beginnings =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brianne! I hope I do too :)

    And you enjoy September too!

    ReplyDelete